For a Solution Architect St1 Business Technology is a great place to put existing skills into action and to learn and develop those even further. You will have a unique hands-on possibility to make real impact on the enterprise IT landscape and on the ways of working whether it is something totally new or improvements to the existing ones.
In this job, you need to have a good tolerance of uncertainty, disciplined way of working, and ability to prioritize the tasks at hand based on what brings the most value for the company. It is less important if you already have all the competences, experience and knowhow described in this job advertisement but more important that you have an enthusiasm to hands-on engage in problem solving in collaboration with other people and continuously learn for more.
As a Solution Architect, you will:
- Collaborate closely with both business and IT stakeholders and help finding alignment between business needs and IT solutions.
- Facilitate communication between development teams and other stakeholders and when needed act as intermediary or ”translator” between diverse stakeholders.
- Help projects to find out and select right solutions for the problems.
- Help in evaluating and selecting technologies and vendors to be used in the enterprise IT.
- As part of architect team engage in various aspects of enterprise architecture (EA) work like
- Maintaining repository of EA artifacts
- Peer-reviewing EA artifacts developed by other architects
- Running and optimizing EA-related processes
You will also be responsible for:
- Developing necessary enterprise architecture (EA) artifacts as part of St1 EA practice. Developing and updating EA artifacts for supporting discussions and documenting the achieved agreements
- Gaining understanding of the business needs and requirements and then finding, proposing and discussing optimal planning decisions satisfying the needs of different stakeholders
- Facilitating the design of end-to-end solutions and acting as solution architect for development projects most often involving multiple systems, applications, services, components, and teams.
Key success factors in this role are:
- Strong software engineering background and understanding of the related fundamentals and methods through practical experience.
- Knowhow and experience on IT architecture modeling and definition practices.
- Basic understanding of different enterprise architecture domains, and deeper knowledge of different IT architecture methodologies, patterns and principles and ability to help others in following these
- Will to work with diverse role setting including for example: requirements engineering, process modeling, data modeling, and others
- Good communicational skills with ability to facilitate collaboration of a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Well-organized, self-motivated, and systematic way of working
- Ability to understand and capture end-to-end processes
- Readiness to occasional travel in the Nordic countries
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken
What’s in it for you?
- A position where you can put your skills and knowledge into real use and at the same time continuously learn for more.
- Multiple business domains in one company, there is always a new business area you can dive into and an interesting new project that you can help in planning of new IT solutions.
- Startup like working culture but with the backbone of big company. Unique combination of freedom and responsibility. You are not just one cog in the wheel but can really make a difference to the company’s future.
- Small but talented business technology organization where each individual counts. Nordic community and opportunity work in an international setting.
- Role and responsibility can be tailored based on applicant’s experience and knowhow.
The work starts in the fall/upon negotiation but since we start reading the applications immediately, we wish you to apply as soon as possible. If you have any questions about the role or recruitment process, please contact Poolia; Annastiina Korpi, email@example.com, tel +358 20 7290 835 or Sanna Majava, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +358 20 7290 838.
St1 Nordic Oy is a Nordic energy Group whose vision is to be the leading producer and seller of CO2-aware energy. The Group researches and develops economically viable, environmentally sustainable energy solutions. St1 focuses on fuels marketing activities, oil refining and renewable energy solutions such as waste-based advanced ethanol fuels and industrial wind power. The Group has 1300 St1 and Shell branded retail stations in Finland, Sweden and Norway. Headquartered in Helsinki, St1 employs currently more than 980 people. www.st1.com