For a Technical PO St1 Business Technology is a great place to put existing skills into action and to learn and develop those even further. You will have a unique hands-on possibility to make real impact by developing our tools and processes in an environment of multiple vendors, technologies and business domains.
In this job, you need to have a good tolerance of uncertainty, disciplined way of working, and ability to prioritize the tasks at hand based on what brings the most value for the company. It is less important if you already have all the competences, experience and knowhow described in this job advertisement but more important that you have an enthusiasm to hands-on engage in problem solving in collaboration with other people and continuously learn for more.
As a Technical Product Owner, you will:
- Collaborate closely with our infrastructure and development teams, application owners and business stakeholders to plan and deliver solutions that work end-to-end both from business and operational perspective
- Facilitate communication between development teams and other stakeholders and when needed act as intermediary or ”translator” between diverse stakeholders.
- Lead our mobile development teams and enable their work by planning and issue solving
- Plan and implement new services and features together with projects and various business stakeholders
- Build our mobile application technology roadmap together with relevant stakeholders.
You will be responsible for:
- Building and grooming product backlog with respective product owners and other stakeholders
- Plan release and feature timelines based on backlog and manage milestones, dependencies and risks
- Collaborate with delivery teams and business stakeholders to ensure releases are delivered as expected
- Arranging and managing production support and maintenance activities
- Identifying needed actions and dependencies in our various on-going projects
- Effectively explain complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences, while also translating long term customer and business needs to technical teams
Key success factors in this role are:
- Understanding of the architecture and integrations between the mobile app and the backend systems (API interfaces, authentication etc.)
- 2+ years working in mobile app development + deep knowledge of iOS and Android platforms and ecosystems
- Experience in optimizing the user experience by leveraging analytics
- Enthusiasm for technical innovations and new emerging technologies
- Good communicational skills with ability to facilitate collaboration between diverse stakeholders
- Well-organized, self-motivated, and systematic way of working
- Ability to understand and capture end-to-end processes
- Readiness to occasional travel in the Nordic countries
- Excellent English language skill
Advantages in this role are:
- Fluency in Swedish, Finnish or Norwegian
- Some knowhow from any relevant industry (oil, gas, energy, payment, retail)
- Software engineering background and understanding of the related fundamentals and methods through practical experience.
- Project management and coordination experience
- Product development knowhow
What’s in it for you?
- A position where you can put your skills and knowledge into real use and at the same time continuously learn for more.
- Multiple business domains in one company, there is always a new business area you can dive into and a new interesting project to be worked with.
- Startup like working culture but with the backbone of big company. Unique combination of freedom and responsibility. You are not just one cog in the wheel but can really make a difference to the company’s future.
- Small but talented business technology organization where each individual counts. Nordic community and opportunity work in an international setting.
- Role and responsibility can be tailored based on applicant’s experience and knowhow.
The work starts in the fall/upon negotiation but since we start reading the applications immediately, we wish you to apply as soon as possible. If you have any questions about the role or recruitment process, please contact Poolia; Annastiina Korpi, email@example.com, tel +358 20 7290 835 or Sanna Majava, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +358 20 7290 838.
St1 Nordic Oy is a Nordic energy Group whose vision is to be the leading producer and seller of CO2-aware energy. The Group researches and develops economically viable, environmentally sustainable energy solutions. St1 focuses on fuels marketing activities, oil refining and renewable energy solutions such as waste-based advanced ethanol fuels and industrial wind power. The Group has 1300 St1 and Shell branded retail stations in Finland, Sweden and Norway. Headquartered in Helsinki, St1 employs currently more than 980 people. www.st1.com