Wirepas is seeking a highly motivated, experienced and enthusiastic SW Release Manager to guide the development of our Wirepas NMS (Network Management System) Product. Wirepas NMS is a backend product targeted at supporting Wirepas Mesh network management and analytics and is to be released in the near future. Wirepas NMS consists of scalable microservices implementing the mesh network management and analytics-related logic as well as a web UI providing dashboards and management views for the end users. Wirepas NMS can be deployed to a Kubernetes cluster or on a server-based platform depending on the scalability and fault tolerance-related requirements of a customer system.
In Wirepas software development, the SW Release Manager is the project’s key driver and delivery responsible. You will be working with a team of 15 people. In your role, you will be developing and maintaining a release plan for the entire product and are responsible for that plan to all the stakeholders in the company. The SW Release Manager works to ensure that business, quality, and functional goals are met with each product release. The SW Release Manager understands both the SW engineering and customer side of the product releases.
As a SW Release Manager, you will be responsible for
- Creating a Wirepas NMS release plan, managing the schedule and keeping all the stakeholders informed.
- Leading and directing collaborative efforts of release i.e. conducting and influencing actively development, management, and testing along with operations on release and development processes.
- Ensuring that the Release process is delivering all the intended outputs in high-quality
- Managing risks that may affect release content and/or schedule.
- Reporting on the performance of the process and on opportunities for improvement.
For this role we are hoping you to master
- Minimum of 4 years of product development and/or project management experience
- Balance of technical knowledge and business acumen, customer-oriented
- Established background in managing the releasing of cloud/backend software or services together with software engineering teams and a high degree of proficiency in documentation, iterative development, understanding of Agile principles
- Technical understanding of the modern cloud platforms and services
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Attention to detail
- Good spoken and written English.
In return, we offer you:
- The world’s happiest working culture: Nordic work culture of trust, responsibility, freedom, and value for flat hierarchies.
- Locational flexibility and remote work (within Finland). If you rather meet colleagues in real life and enjoy the office atmosphere, that’s an option too in most roles.
- Challenging work in the technology field. Not just fridges on the internet, but with real impact.
- Genuinely international working culture with the best talents and bright minds.
- Indefinite contract with a competitive salary, benefits and geeky colleagues.
The role is permanent and the work starts as soon as the right candidate is found; we wish you to send your CV and application as soon as possible. If you have questions about the role or recruitment process, please contact Wirepas’ recruitment partners from Poolia: Janette Andersson (firstname.lastname@example.org / +358 20 7290 839) or Maria Kostenko (email@example.com / +358 20 7290 847).
Very very good IoT
We believe that top-notch, affordable connectivity is every company’s right! We have a very very good technology and product. Like, the best in the world. It can connect millions of devices affordably in one network, without big infrastructure and operators.
You may be thinking: “No, not more of that IoT shit.” IoT is our business and we’ve made it The Shit. We actually can solve the problems for real, for once and for all. And it does not stop there. We are the inventors of the first non-cellular 5G, too – as good as cellular, just much cheaper. We are a leading IoT connectivity company focused on massive IoT networks, serving customers across the world with offices in Australia, Germany, Finland, France, India, and the United States.
NB! By applying for this position, you allow us to retain and use your information according to our data protection and register description.